17 years ago, I was lucky enough to have Christine Marsh as my AP English teacher. At a time when I was still figuring out who I was and what I wanted to do, her classroom was a safe place that I looked forward to walking into every day.
- I fell in love with language and literature watching her example.
- I learned how to empathize with those who were different through exposure to unique perspectives.
- I decided to become an English teacher my senior year while in her class.
- I found a passion for writing and communicating because she invested in me.
- I came to value vulnerability in and out of the classroom when I saw how transformative it could be.
- I taught down the hall from her at my old high school, and there was never a day that I couldn’t come to her for advice.